Grand Rapids, MI
Watkins Ross is looking for an experienced Retirement Plan Administrator. The Retirement Plan Administrator will serve as the primary contact relating to plan administration and consulting for an assigned group of 401(k) profit sharing plans. This individual is accountable for the implementation and administration of these plans and builds trusting relationships with clients, advisors and colleagues to exceed client service and retention standards.
The Retirement Plan Administrator is resourceful and self-directed, with the ability to work cohesively as a team to continually improve our efficiency and grow as a firm. Strong communication skills, an attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are essential to handle the multiple responsibilities in our technical industry. This individual must have an enthusiastic, customer service oriented attitude with proven client relationship skills, and be motivated to continually broaden expertise to stay current on developments in pension law and regulations.
Download Position Details
- Works with the defined contribution Compliance Coordinator to prepare ADP/ACP tests, along with all other nondiscrimination testing.
- Prepares Form 5500 and related schedules.
- Monitors plan deadlines, contributions, return of 401(k) excess deferrals/contributions, turnaround on the preparation of the year-end reports, 5500 filings, extensions and minimum distributions.
- Verifies accuracy of the processing of contributions (including various profit sharing contribution allocation methods), loans and distributions.
- Provides plan sponsor with information and education about their 401(k) plan and facilitate issue resolution when necessary.
Skills & Qualifications
- Four-year degree in an analytical field or equivalent work experience required.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills preferred.
- ASPPA or other professional designations preferred.
Please send your resume via email with the subject Retirement Plan Administrator to email@example.com