show your talent
Grow Your Career
Are you a technical minded person looking to contribute to a team of analysts, administrators, consultants and actuaries?
As a 100% ESOP-owned company, we recognize that our employees are our greatest assets. Our team includes a diverse set of experienced professionals who help our clients achieve their goals by providing services to help them implement successful retirement programs, recognize emerging trends and understand regulatory changes that may impact their bottom line.
Perks & Benefits
Working With Watkins Ross
Watkins Ross provides support for our employees to attend conferences, webcasts or study for exams to better themselves professionally. We also understand that your “work-self” is not your only self. You have interests and passions and we want to be a part of that. Are you passionate about charity work? You can join our charity committee to help determine and execute plans for our company to help our community. Our employees are more than number crunchers. They are mothers, fathers, runners, soccer players and more; and we recognize that an investment in our employees is an investment in our future. This is why it’s important to provide your employees with a competitive benefits package!
Defined Benefit Plan
Join OUr Team
Retirement Plan Administrator
Grand Rapids, MI
Watkins Ross is looking for an experienced Retirement Plan Administrator. The Retirement Plan Administrator will serve as the primary contact relating to plan administration and consulting for an assigned group of 401(k) profit sharing plans. This individual is accountable for the implementation and administration of these plans and builds trusting relationships with clients, advisors and colleagues to exceed client service and retention standards.
The Retirement Plan Administrator is resourceful and self-directed, with the ability to work cohesively as a team to continually improve our efficiency and grow as a firm. Strong communication skills, an attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are essential to handle the multiple responsibilities in our technical industry. This individual must have an enthusiastic, customer service oriented attitude with proven client relationship skills, and be motivated to continually broaden expertise to stay current on developments in pension law and regulations.
- Works with the defined contribution Compliance Coordinator to prepare ADP/ACP tests, along with all other nondiscrimination testing.
- Prepares Form 5500 and related schedules.
- Monitors plan deadlines, contributions, return of 401(k) excess deferrals/contributions, turnaround on the preparation of the year-end reports, 5500 filings, extensions and minimum distributions.
- Verifies accuracy of the processing of contributions (including various profit sharing contribution allocation methods), loans and distributions.
- Provides plan sponsor with information and education about their 401(k) plan and facilitate issue resolution when necessary.
Skills & Qualifcations
- Four-year degree in an analytical field or equivalent work experience required.
- Three or more years of ESOP experience required.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills preferred.
- ASPPA or other professional designations preferred.
Watkins Ross is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize our responsibility to our clients, employees and community to recruit/hire/promote qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, height, weight, veterans status, or physical/mental disability, to the extent required by law.