A qualified retirement plan must meet various requirements throughout the year in order to retain the qualified status. If you are responsible for administering your company’s defined benefit plan, it’s critical to meet these deadlines. From making quarterly contributions to issuing the annual funding notice to participants, it can feel overwhelming. Let us help you stay on track by downloading our 2018 defined benefit plan compliance calendar. The dates on this calendar pertain to a plan with a calendar plan year (with off-calendar due dates in parentheses). If you have questions regarding your specific plan provisions or due dates, please contact your Watkins Ross analyst. You can also let us know here if you have someone in your personal network that would like to discuss their plan provisions and applicable deadlines. Blog authored by Cheryl Gabriel, CPC.
- Retirement Plan Enrollment Best Practices
- Retirement Plan Procedures, Practices, and Internal Controls
- Further Assistance for Troubled Multiemployer Retirement Plans
- The Importance of Maintaining Retirement Beneficiary Forms
- What Is a Top-Heavy Retirement Plan?